This time of year many of us are hitting the road with our Pugs to visit family and friends, when planning a car trip with your Pug there are a few things to consider to ensure a happy safe arrival.
- All Vaccinations & Internal & External Parasite control must be up to date
- Feed your pug at least 4hrs before travelling, this will allow time for digestion and may ease travel sickness
- If your pug suffers travel sickness talk to your veterinarian about treatments available, ginger tablets are a safe natural treatment for travel sickness
- It’s a good idea to make sure your Pug is secure and safe in the car, safety harnesses that fasten with seat belts and travel crates secured by seat belts are a good option.
- Always take a water bowl with fresh drinking water on your trip, stopping every 2-3hrs for a walk and drink is a must, We use and recommend these gorgeous Designer Harness & Leash Sets
- Pack a supply of your pugs regular food as sudden change in diet can cause health problems
- Take your pugs bed , snuggle blanket and toy, this will help with the anxiety of being in a new environment
Happy Holidays EveryPuggy